Monday, November 23, 2015

Thankful

I am thankful for the gift of family. To hold these people who know me so well and to know that their hugs hold generations of love...for this I am grateful. 

I am thankful for the gift of friends. To find kindred spirits amongst all the multitudes out there and to know that they understand me, love me, and choose my friendship too....for this I am grateful. 

I am thankful for the gift of memory. To be able to hold onto those fragments and wisps and to piece them together into the stories that are our lives....for this I am grateful. 

I am thankful for so much even as I am missing so much. I can't be ungrateful even in the face of an empty chair -- how dare I? 
A big group of us serving dinner at the Ronald McDonald House in honor of Sammy's birthday

First snowfall....

1 comment:

  1. May Gd give you all strength, health and a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete