Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Only Two

It's the night-before-the-first-day-of-school.

It should have been the (first) year of three schools -- two at the elementary, one at the middle, and one at the high school.

One at the middle.

But it isn't.

We're only at two schools. The elementary and the high school.

It should be easier, right? Only two schools.
It should be easier with only two.
And yet it's not, of course. It's harder. So much harder.

I should be kissing four heads goodnight and setting up four lunches and planning four backpacks and taking four first day of school pictures and worrying over how to get to three schools...

But I'm not.

So instead I said Shema three times and tomorrow I'll kiss three heads and I'll know that it just isn't quite right.

Ever.

The annual locker tradition...the shirt was unintentional
Fifth and First Grade

Kindergarten, First, and Fifth Grade

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it must be so hard. I'm so sorry. Sending lots of love your way, and hopes for a great school year for you and your kids. Amazing that you've got a high schooler now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly hard, but yet you all manage to grab life and find joy whenever and where ever you can. Quite an incredible ability and accomplishment. Having the other 3 kids certainly helps to project life forward. BTW, I just found the turtle ring put away safely in a small box in my car. Will try to deliver it to the shul before 9/21

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cantor purple is me, Jan Mahler. Sorry for any confusion.

      Delete