Friday, August 10, 2012

#10on10 - Day in the Life of Sam's Room

There's an internet "tradition" to post #10on10 - ten pictures taken over ten consecutive hours on the 10th day of the month. So I thought I'd do that today in Sam's room to show you an hour-by-hour look at our day.

8:30am - Sam is still sleeping. How cute is this foot?

9:30am - Sam is *still* sleeping so I'm drinking my coffee and catching up on some work.
10:30am - I made the PERFECT cup of hot (very lukewarm) chocolate for Sam.
11:30am - Bathtime! Even hospital-bound kids get dirty. Well, at least their moms think they need regular bathing.
12:30pm - cousin Ricky came to visit and he brought his friend the flute. Sam loved it. Loved it. Asked insightful and interesting questions and I think he might want to learn to play the flute. That's what comes from being a musical family. Also, he got a little lesson in family history - who is related to whom? (Ricky is my dad's first cousin. His dad is my great-uncle and my Bubbie's baby brother. Try explaining all of that to a 6-year-old. Actually, we didn't do so badly!)
(is it cheating to take three pictures and count them as one?)

1:30pm - a little rest and Looney Tunes-watching

2:30pm - a visit from Charlie and a little FastTrack

3:30pm Dr. Cullen* came to visit and brought Sam a blood transfusion
*If you're not a Twilight fan, this will mean nothing to you.

4:30pm - Tuckered out and watching the original Pink Panther movie (from the 1960s...not exactly what Sam thought he was getting!)

5:30pm - Bubbie and Zeyde arrived to celebrate Shabbat with us. Sam is still watching Pink Panther and Zeyde is now interpreting for him. Whew. I'm saved from trying to follow the movie AND explain it to Sam!
And that's our August 10th. Wishing you a Shabbat filled with blessing and peace. Thanks for being part of our team...thanks for being out there for us. We feel the love.

3 comments: