Friday, February 28, 2014

Practice

"Yoga is a practice, not a performance."

Substitute "grief" for yoga and I think you've got a truth...

I'm practicing.
Every day.
Some days I fall down. I lose my balance and I can't focus.
I totally collapse and cry and want to stay in bed.
Some days I feel as though I've gotten it right.
I stand up and I move and I bless the moment.
Practice...every day is different, every day is a work in progress.

Always practicing...always working.

I'm grateful when I think of Sam and I'm led to a warm sweet place...instead of intense pain and sadness. It's brief sometimes, but I know it's there.

I'm practicing to get there.







6 comments:

  1. Here's to warm, sweet places--and finding them more and more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding you and Sam and your whole beautiful family in my heart.

    Shabbat shalom. Wishing you wholeness and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shabbat Shalom. I will be thinking of you and Sammy along with Michael and the kids. May you find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new samyoga. Sounds like a real word, just takes a little practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you strenghth. you have the most precious memories of sammy. thank you for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete