Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mr. Energy {R4, Day 12}

I'm NOT complaining.
Sam has more energy with an ANC of zero than most of us have on a normal, good day.
I'm NOT complaining.

But I am exhausted!

A little scavenger hunt action this morning....

And of course, some sword fighting, this time with straws and a sweet nurse...
We were 72% into Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban so I convinced Sam to take a little break. He chose to lay on the windowsill using my pillow and blanket as a cozy cushion. It was so darn cute.

Finally, in the afternoon, Sam's favorite people arrived.
Yep, that's right. Did I mention that our teachers went on strike this morning? We knew it was coming, and since there was no school for our kids today, we decided that it was a good idea for them to come up here!


Remember how I've talked about transitions being hard? It's hard for all.four.of.them - to come up here and go back there and move in and out of the reality and the surreality of all of it. We had a lot of "normal," if you catch my drift. But that's okay too. And since the strike is continuing, we will have them back tomorrow...which will make it all easier. There were some mis-laid ideas about what was going to happen today, and we worked on those expectations for tomorrow.

Sam was full of energy after the threesome departed so after a few stories with Karen, there was a little walk to work off the excess excitement...whew.

Great hat, huh?
Like I said, I'm not complaining.
Not one single bit!
Uncle Joel asked Sam to wear his Yankees shirt to bring them luck. I'm not so sure it worked.
P.S. Now we're 80% done with HP3!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sam,

    Thanks for wearing your Yankees shirt. I think it brought the team some luck. It's raining in Detroit and the game was delayed...probably a good thing.

    I hope that all your counts keep moving in the right direction and you keep feeling well.

    Take care,
    ~ Jane.

    ReplyDelete