Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Sharing

Sometimes cool things happen.
And I wish we could share them with Sammy.
I mean the kind of cool things that I want to turn to him and show him, or look for him to tell him the story, or have him try that new thing because his sister loved doing it so he probably would like it too.

Sometimes funny things happen.
And I wish we could share them with Sammy.
I wonder how he would laugh or giggle or maybe scowl because he didn't find them funny at all.
Sometimes it's a funny thing that Solly does and I wonder if Sam would find it cute or irritating. I wouldn't care if it was either one.

Sometimes sad things happen.
And I wish we could share them with Sammy.
Maybe a friend got sick, or we find out about yet another kid with cancer.
Or someone died. I know it might seem strange, but I even want to share those things with him.

It happens so often...I turn to tell him something.
I walk down the street and imagine holding his hand.
It's not just the cool or funny or sad things.
It's everything.
Yale wanted to "hold the sun" and it came out so cool....I know Sam would have loved this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment